Growth-focused and entrepreneur professional with expertise in identifying new business prospects and increasing productivity, driving innovation, and optimising market share/revenues.
Adeojo Yusuf Adedolapo is our advisory Director at Morza Capital Limited on Project Finance, he his Skilled at collaborating with executives to determine and secure new business opportunities and providing recommendations for continuous process improvement. Solid history of success in commercial banking, development finance, impact finance, embedded finance, payments, and transaction banking with an adequate dose of blended finance.
Adept at developing product roadmaps by leveraging data insights and consumer research. Excel at devising marketing plans and pricing strategies to support organizational products and services. Proven entrepreneurial leader with solid foundation in payment within the FinTech space.
Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (Ongoing)
Doctor of Philosophy in Management of Technology and Innovation
Da Vinci Institute, South Africa, 2021
Thesis Topic: Achieving Inclusive Economic Development in Nigeria by Redefining Indigenous Finance in Light of Modernity
Master of Science in International Business
Oxford Brookes University, United Kingdom, 2009
Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration
University of Hertfordshire, United Kingdom, 2007
- Lead Financial Advisor, Agro Park Development Company Limited (APDCL), Lagos State, Nigeria.
- Lead Digital & Financial Inclusion Advisor, Agri Capital Venture Limited, Oyo State, Nigeria.
- Principal Trainer, Digital & Agro Capacity Module, Magcore Nigeria Limited, Lagos State, Nigeria.
- Project Finance Advisor, Morza Capital Limited, Lagos State, Nigeria.
- Senior Fellow, Trans4m Center for Integral Development (Trans4m), Geneva, Switzerland.
- Co-founder/Research Fellow, Centre for Integral Social and Economic Research (CISER), Nigeria.
- Member, FinTech Association of Nigeria (FinTech NGR), Lagos, Nigeria.
Inclusive Banking Division – Head, Agent Banking Team, Heritage Bank Plc 2015 – Present
Act as in-charge of agent and aggregator network management to supervise agent network, strategic partnerships for division, banking portfolio, on-boarding, and training processes. Collaborate with internal stakeholders like the Agric-finance, e-Business, and collections division of bank to attain targeted business objectives. Conceptualise effective agent penetration, market entry strategies to develop strong support structure for agents within bank, ensuring consistent agent network success.
- Secured partnerships between Heritage Bank, National Cooperative Finance Agency of Nigeria, and UnionPay license in 2020.
- Established agent network of 5,500+ agents with N100B+ transactions turnover, disbursing N1.5B+ Anchor Borrower Scheme Intervention Funds across four states in Nigeria.
- Delivered informal sector IGR collections card scheme for Kwara and Osun States.
- Succeeded in developing and implementing working document for federal government N35B+ home grown school feeding programme in conjunction with Agric-Finance Division of Heritage Bank.
Sales & Distribution Division – Regional Coordinator, Financial Inclusion, Sterling Bank Plc 2014 – 2015
Led and mentored team of 10 members across five South West states, enhancing their skills and productivity. Coordinated the agent lifecycle for financial inclusion agents within South-West region. Managed customer acquisition through agent banking POS terminal to increase banks’ customer base. Delivered expert level support to agents and financially excluded customers within South-West region.
- Established agent network of 1700+ agents, successfully producing over N15B transactions volume.
- Deployed 1000+ closed scheme personalised biometric enabled debit cards and POS terminals.
Trade Services – Foreign Funds Transfer Unit, Sterling Bank Plc 2010 – 2014
Reviewed overall customers’ foreign currency payment transactions and dealt with incoming/outgoing enquiries regarding foreign currency funds transfer. Crafted detailed and accurate reports of FCY transfer for banks and regulations on quarterly and monthly basis. Ensured smooth workflow by processing FCY cheques issues to bank customers for collection and reviewing proof of accounts of FCY cheques.
- Automated funds transfer transaction process lifecycle for bank as well as collaborated with treasury, ensuring banks correspondent position adequately funded.
- Served as team member that recognised as best group within bank.
Additional experience as Anti-Money Laundering KYC Officer at Oceanic Bank Intl. Plc