Niji Oni is a legal practitioner and Principal of Niji Oni & Co. He is called to the Nigerian Bar as a Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Nigeria with masters in Intellectual Property & Business from the Queen Mary University, London.
His experience spans many industry sectors with particular experience in Company Secretarial practices, Real Estate practices, Agriculture, Information Technology, Fintech, Finance and Banking Operations, Governance and Regulation, and Dispute Resolution. In his capacity as a Legal Practitioner, he has led the way in advising on governance and numerous multi-million dollars investments.
LL. B – Queen Mary University of London, 2008 – 2011
BL. – Nigerian Law School, Lagos, 2011 – 2012
Master of Laws in Intellectual Property – Queen Mary University of London, UK, 2013 – 2014.
- Member of the British Literacy and Artistic Copyright Association (BLACA)
- Member of the International Trademark Association
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Member of the International Bar Association
- Member of the Nigerian Bar Association
- Member of the International Air Transport Association (IATA)
- Member of the IBA Agricultural Law Section
- Member of the International Technology Law Association (ITechLaw)
Diversity of Experience
Starting his career in a litigation firm and subsequent in a corporate commercial oriented firm before he established Niji Oni & Co, where he leveraged on his background and continual engagement in finance practice to advise on multi-level finance transactions/project to wit – private equity funds, corporates, family, private wealth funds and investment vehicles on acquisition, infra-structure, and other event-driven finance transactions across several sectors.
Niji is an active member of Food Lawyers Network and Publication Officer of the International Bar Association, Agricultural Law Section.
- Advising a syndicate of lenders on the US$450,000,000.00 long term financing of a fully owned subsidiary of a Nigerian oil and gas company for several OMLs to the cultivation, processing, and exportation of millions of barrels of essential oil in the Agro-allied industry and many others. Advised on the IFC US$70 million subordinated convertible loan to Diamond Bank Plc;
- Advised on acquisition of minority stake by CCGOC Limited in connection with its Chinese parent company.
- Lead Team Member on the refinancing of the US$100 Million facility for Depthwize Nigeria Limited;
- Team Member on the bid and financing of leading indigenous oil & gas company for several OMLs;
- Team Member on the on the US$79 Million acquisition of GlaxoSmithKline’s Ribena and Lucozade business; and
- Team Member on the acquisition of Intercellular Telecommunication Limited.